March FRAXEL Special - $549 per treatment (full face) new clients onlyWHAT IS FRAXEL RE:STORE™
FRAXEL RE:STORE® treatment—for mild to severe skin damage. It is original and most popular Fraxel treatment. FRAXEL RE:STORE treatment can resurface damaged skin and uncover the skin of your youth—all with minimal impact on your daily routine.
WHAT FRAXEL RE:STORE™ TREATS?
The FRAXEL RE:STORE™ has multiple FDA clearances. These include:
In short, Fraxel treatment creates smoother, fresher, healthier and younger-looking skin…improved tone, texture and pore size…and the softening of wrinkles and lines.
How long is downtime?
Most patients return to regular activities within one to two days.
How many treatment sessions will I need?
FRAXEL RE:STORE™ can produce significant results for mild to moderately damaged skin over the course of 3 to 6 treatments. Typically, there is no after treatment wound care with these treatments and downtime is minimal. When considering which treatment option is best for you, you and Dr. Yagudin will discuss the trade-off between downtime and results to determine the best option that fits your skin condition and your lifestyle.
How does Fraxel work?
Think of your skin as a digital photo that is delicately touched up one spot at a time. Fraxel treatment, likewise, affects a fraction of tissue at a time with thousands of microscopic laser columns—each just one-tenth the diameter of a hair follicle. Then your body takes care of the rest. The laser columns stimulate a natural healing process that works from the inside out, replacing damaged tissue with younger, smoother, healthier skin.
Most common contraindication/precautions to Fraxel treatment:
Active moderate to severe acne over treatment area
Use of isotretinoin (Accutane) within past 6 month
Eczema over treatment area
Rosacea moderate to severe
History of Keloids or hypertrophic scars
Uncontrolled psychiatric conditions (depression, anxiety, etc.)
Immune compromised state (chemotherapy, uncontrolled HIV)
FRAXEL PRE-PROCEDURE INSTRUCTION
Arrive at the office on time of your appointment and plan to be here for 2 hours.
For any questions or concerns, call our office at 212 223 2235.
1. If you are having a facial treatment you can either come without makeup, or you will be asked to remove it when you arrive.
2. You will be red and notice the greatest amount of swelling on the morning after treatment. The intensity and duration of these side-effects depends on the aggressiveness of your treatment and how you heal. It is best not to schedule this treatment within two weeks of an engagement for which you have concern about your appearance.
3. Stop all active tanning, either from the sunshine or tanning booth, at least two weeks prior to treatment. There are no restrictions on the use of self-tanning products.
4. Do not have any laser or other light-based treatments until your series of Fraxel® Laser Treatments is complete, unless approved by your our office.
5. Do not have a Microdermabrasion within 2 weeks of treatment. There is no need to “thin” the top layer of your skin prior to your treatment.
6. If you use products that contain glycolic acid, retinoids, or retinols; stop them 2 weeks prior to treatment. Read the labels on all of your skin care products, including over-the-counter.
7. Plan to use non-irritating and non-clogging skin care products for the first week or so after treatment. Examples of brands that offer very gentle and inexpensive products that are ideal to use: Cetaphil®, Aveeno®, Dove®, Neutrogena®, and etc. Use a moisturizer that has SPF 30+ sunscreen in it.
8. If you take an oral medication for pain or anxiety, you will need someone to drive you home.
9. If a bleaching regimen is prescribed; stop it 2 days prior to treatment.
10. If you have a history of cold sores please advise us; you will need to take preventative medication.
FRAXEL POST-PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS
* Do not rub, scrub or exfoliate treatment area
* Use ice packs (optional)
* Sleep elevated first night
* Keep area clean and keep clothing away to avoid irritation
* Avoid vigorous exercise, perspiring, swimming, etc.
* Avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
* Drink plenty of fluids
* Resume normal skin care regimen if irritation not present
* Strict adherence to sun protection
* Use sunscreen (SPF 30+)
* Avoid direct sun exposure for at least 3 months
* Redness for 2-3 days: maximum on days 1-2
* Bronzing (pigment transported to surface): days 1-4
* Desquamation (removal of old skin): days 3-4
Additional Post Care
* Use bland moisturizer and mild cleanser (Cethaphil moisturizer and cethaphil cleanser)
* Allow skin to heal; do not rub, scrub or exfoliate
If you develop any unusual reaction please call our office ASAP.
The content on this website is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended in any way to substitute professional medical advice during an in office consultation and examination by the physician. Any photos from this web site with text “Copyright Dermacare Medical PC” on them are not allowed to be copied and reprinted in any way without written permission from Dermacare Medical PC.
Please contact our office with any questions or to schedule your
complImentary consultation with Dr. Yagudin.
Call (212) 4218858 today! Or to make an appointment online click here